Monday, June 14, 2010

Road trip: Day 11

I slept in a bit yesterday, but managed to get up at a decent time.  We drove over to Bogue's for breakfast where I got biscuits and gravy and some bacon.  I thought it was pretty good and hit the spot. 

After breakfast, I packed up my stuff and hit the road.  It was in the high 90's, according to my car's calculations, from Atlanta to just outside of Charlotte.  Holy moly.  My a/c was working hard, but you could still tell it was hot and I was pretty sleepy most of the way.

I stopped for lunch at a Publix grocery store since I just wanted a deli sandwich.  I got gas and then drove straight to Charlotte.  The Motel 6 that I reserved didn't have wireless as advertised so I checked in at the Billy Graham Holiday Inn instead.  It's three times as much, but at least five times nicer. 
For dinner, I drove into Charlotte to go to Mert's, a barbecue place my friend recommended.  The service was a little spotty, but the food was pretty good.  I got chopped pork with a couple of sides and banana pudding for dessert.

After dinner, I came back to the hotel to do some work, watch some of the Lakers-Celtics game and to do some reading.  I didn't sleep all that well because they over-starched the sheets, but I'm up and at 'em this morning.

No comments: