Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rest in peace, Toby

I got an e-mail from my mom this morning telling me that their dog, Toby, passed last night due to kidney failure. He firstly got sick early last year and the vets didn't think he would last a month, but he held on for about fifteen months thanks to some hard work from my folks. I guess the last couple of weeks, he started to fail quickly - he stopped eating and started throwing up a lot.

My mom was able to hold him while they gave him his final shot so he died peacefully. I'm not sure if there is a doggie heaven, but I hope he gets to go there and run around and eat a lot of snacks. Boy, he sure did love his eggs. He was one of the nicest dogs I've ever been around. He loved to play and was very personable. He really only growled at the mailman and only barked when he got really excited.

One of the toughest things about having a pet is saying goodbye to them. I'd like to get a couple of dogs and a couple of cats, but I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to handle the loss when they go. It sounds stupid, but it's true.

Here's a picture of him:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like a sweetie! Hope he is happy barking and running around in the big garden in the sky.