Friday, April 29, 2011

This and that

Apparently there's some kind of royal wedding going on across the pond.  I'm sure it's a big deal to some, but certainly not to me.  The princes seems like they're less worthless than the other royals, but who knows?

It's good to see the US Supreme Court continue to erode away our rights.  Yesterday they ruled it's ok for companies to enforce mandatory arbitration.  As I thought I understood it, I have the constitutional right to a real trial.  Not any more.  Crikey.  Arbitration is appropriate in some cases, but the companies get to pick the arbiter and most of them have a track record of ruling for the companies maybe 80% of the time.  The other 20% is probably just so people don't get suspicious.

The sun is out today and should be out tomorrow so I'll hit the high school's track for some interval training.  I need to continue to improve my fitness.  I'll try out my new GPS watch as well.  It's pretty bulky so hopefully it won't throw me off stride.

My project manager gets the bozack for dropping me as an author from an abstract submission, but whatever.  It's good practice for me to work on letting go.

Tonight marks the end of Phase I so I can finally eat fruit again.  Sweet.  I'll make a dessert in my slow cooker tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't undo all the progress I've made.

The Blazers lost last night, but the game was on too late for me.  I guess Wallace was getting it done, but then had back trouble.  Once he left, Portland was done.  Too bad.  I would've liked to have seen them continue.

It seems like the NFL is back to business as usual which is good because it's one of my favorite things to watch.

I finished Patrick Rothfuss' The Wise Man's Fear.  I thought the first 60% was better than the first book which I liked quite a bit.  The next 30% was a little lame, but the ending was good so I'm anticipating the next book.  If you like fantasy, I recommend this series.

I'd like to get an Asus eeePad Transformer, but they're too popular.  It's a little out of my budget as well, but would provide some entertainment on my long flights in June.  We'll see if I can save up some money.  Who knows when they'll build up a big stock though?

No comments: