Saturday, April 16, 2011

Weight loss challenge

I'm in a bet to see who can get to their target weight before June 14.  I'm currently a little bit under 195lbs and my target weight is 180lbs.  15lbs in about two months is going to be tough, but I think it's doable.

To help speed up the process, I'll do Phase I of the South Beach Diet for the next two weeks.  It should help reduce my sugar cravings and should help me lose a few pounds right off the bat.  Unfortunately, Phase I does not allow fruit so I think I'll be jonesin' for sugar after just a day or so, but I've done it a couple of times before so I can tough it out.  I pretty much need a diet reset after Vegas.

I'll continue my exercise program using Lauren's You are your own gym and, once the weather improves, I'll start hiking again if my knees can take it.  I'm also thinking of taking some boxing or jiu jitsu lessons, but I've only found MMA-style Brasilian jiu jitsu and I'm not looking to become a cage fighter.  I'll just need to look harder I guess.

No comments: