Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 41

Day 285:
Weight = 195.0 lbs (+2.2 lbs)

Body fat = 26.3 % (-1.1 %)

Visceral fat = 10 (+1 unit)

Resting metabolism = 1872 kCal (+18 kCal)

Very interesting numbers for this week. I gained a couple of pounds which seems to be mostly muscle given the significant decrease in body fat percentage, but somehow my visceral fat went up a little. I managed to lose fat from around my muscles, but gained some around my organs? Heh. The only accurate measurement here is my weight and that one is the least meaningful as an indicator of health.

I definitely think I'm getting leaner though I need to eat less sugar. I kept up with my sprint work, trampoline work, strength training and played basketball and tennis last week so that should explain the metabolism boost. Unfortunately, I jacked up my back playing basketball and it hasn't fixed itself yet so I'm going to skip track work this morning. I don't really want to because I get a lot out of it, but I'm not sure sprinting is the best medicine for a sore back. I'll try bouncing on my trampoline to see if that can realign things.

No comments: