Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Better living through chemistry

Thanks to my allergies, I have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. When I was a kid, I used to sleep like the dead. You could shake me, punch me, pour water on me or whatnot and I wouldn't wake up. That all ended when I went to college.

I take a lot of medications for my allergies: Allegra as an anti-histamine, Mucinex to thin down mucous, Singulair and Nasonex (nose spray) to keep my passages clear. I also take aspirin every day for my heart/joints, TJ's Joint Formula for my joints and Juvenon for general well-being. All of that helps me get up to "normal" rather than miserable if I skip medicine. I recently started taking melatonin at night to help me sleep and it works like a charm. Almost as soon as I chew on it, I get really tired and am able to fall asleep faster. However, because I'm able to sleep better, I want to sleep longer so it's been a struggle to get up in the mornings. It doesn't help that it's pitch black out either.

1 comment:

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.