Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The crappy economy

I've gone out to eat a few times the past week and have really noticed how empty restaurants are these days. In Mountain View last Thursday, there were bored waiters hanging out on the sidewalk trying to will people in. DishDash in Sunnyvale was also pretty empty. They only had part of the back room open.

It makes me wonder what people are doing with their money. Let's assume that most people still have their jobs. They're most likely still getting paid as much. Sure, the stock market is down, but I don't think too many people's disposable income is tied to the market. I guess people are worried about losing their jobs and are sockin' away cash for the rainy days to come. That sounds like a strategy I should follow, but it doesn't sound like much fun.

No comments: