Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday ramblings

I was going to post a picture of my dinner, but the batteries in my camera died. I decided that I need to eat less wheat since I think it messes with my GI tract a bit. I brewed up a pretty tasty salad with sweet lettuce, smoked salmon, red pepper, goat cheese, carrots, peas, chickpeas and balsamic vinaigrette. Definitely tasty. I also juiced two apples and a pear - probably too much sugar, but it's all good since I hit the track this morning. My sprint work is definitely good for me. It helps me get going and burns off any funk from the previous week.

Work has been a little stressful because the economy sucks and our stock price is trading below book value. We're a great value, but mainly to someone who would buy us and sell us off piece-meal. I don't think my job would survive as-is if that happens, but I can't worry about it. Well, that's what I tell myself, but it still gnaws a bit in the back of my brain.

I think I'm even more worried about the upcoming election. I've already voted and I'm sure you can tell that I voted for Obama. I can't marshal up any reasons to vote for McCain, especially after he chose Palin for his running mate. She strikes me as someone who isn't altogether grounded in reality. I am worried that the anti-intellectualism of the past eight years will propagate forward until Idiocracy comes true. If you haven't seen it, check it out. Then go "family style." Heh. I think I should watch that movie again along with the 40 Year Old Virgin. I need a good laugh.

I spent this weekend relaxing. I didn't clean up the kitchen as much as I should have nor the rest of my apartment, but it's all good. I caught up on my sleep so I should be well rested for the week ahead. I caught some football today, but my fantasy dudes didn't do well so I don't think I'll win. I did win four of the first six weeks which gives me a lot of bragging rights, but fortunes can change quickly. I drafted pretty well though, but I need to pick up a more productive tight end for sure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH shit...if we are destined for Idiocracy...I think that could be the end of civilization as we know it. Both of those movies- Idiocracy and 40 year old Virgin -- are hilarious!

Jeremy said...

I guess it depends on who gets elected next month. If it's McCain, then the average American voter is a dumbass and we deserve to spiral down the drain. If it's Obama, then the average American voter has hope and maybe we'll work ourselves out of it.

I still can't believe that anyone could look back at the past eight years and say, "That's exactly how it should've gone. I'm glad that we're pissin' money away in Iraq and Afghanistan and that the economy is as bad off as it's been in decades."