Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas vacation in Portland, OR

I've spent every Christmas in Portland since I've been born and this year was no exception. The big change is that the Portland was in the midst of a big ass snowstorm when I was supposed to fly up from San Jose. My first flight was canceled and then my second so I decided to drive up. It took me two days since it's more than 700 miles. I spent the night on the way up in Gold Beach, OR and saw some elk in the parking lot the next morning. Yeah, I know the pictures suck, but I was in a hurry to take them before they bugged out.



Portland almost never gets snow that sticks around, but they were "lucky" to have snow for nearly two weeks. Below are some pictures of my parent's place. You can see there is a serious amount of snow.



Toby is always a funny dog and likes to look out the front window.



My brother and I built a snow fort on Christmas Day since we could. Portland's recycling bins make great molds for snow bricks. It started to warm up before we finished, but I think it looks pretty good.



On the way from Portland to Eureka on Tuesday, I saw a mountain lion run across the road about a quarter mile in front of my car near Klamath. The sucker was moving fast and looked to be pretty beefcake.

Here are a couple of pictures of the ocean near Klamath. It was pretty sunny out when I drove back.

No comments: