Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving vacation in Portland, OR

Work had a shutdown around Thanksgiving so I used some vacation days to fly up to Portland for more than a week. I spent most of the time chillin' with the family in Portland, OR where I was born and raised.

Cribbage
My dad taught us this game when we were little. My dad, my brother and I played a lot of games because it's fun and leads to a lot of quality trash talking. I took a picture of the final score in all my games. To be consistent, I was always black. As you can see, I won a lot more than I lost. You can also see the Toby cards that Yvonne got my parents when we were together. It's a great picture of him. My brother is giving the finger in some pictures because he was cheesed off that the freight train kept rollin'.


Toby

Toby is my parents' bichon frise. He's pretty funny and is one of the greediest animals I've ever met. He's a good dog, but spends most of his time looking for snacks. That's why his head is down in nearly every picture.




Pinochle
Pinochle (pronounced "pee-knuckle") is another fun card game. For some reason, I always partner with my mom and my dad and my brother team up. My mom and I had pretty good cards and applied the smackdown.



Food
Below are some random pictures of food. I didn't take pictures of the Thanksgiving feast, but it was goddamned tasty.




Clothes
There is no sales tax in Oregon and stores are desperate to unload their goods so I got three shirts and a pair of boxers while I was up. I still need new pants, but I want to see if I lose any more flab before getting those.



Parents' new kitchen
My parents redid their kitchen and I think it looks pretty nice. It's much more open now and more usable.




My uncle Dale's house
My uncle Dale has a pretty damn swank crib up in NW Portland. His pool table plays strangely though.

No comments: