Saturday, December 20, 2008

Not a happy camper...

I got an automated call this afternoon from Southwest. It seems I pissed off the weather gods and my flight to Portland this afternoon is cancelled. Of course, being the Christmas holiday, there are no seats until Monday morning so I lose one day of fun time and will not get to see the Seahawks lose to the Jets tomorrow. My dad, my brother and I have made a pilgrimage to Seattle for a football game every year now for the past five or six years. Bummer. I think my dad and my brother will still try to go tomorrow, but the roads are supposed to be terrible headed up north. The Pacific Northwest does not get too much snow where people live so they aren't able to deal with it when they do get it.

My office mate is a cool dude and is willing to take me to the airport early Monday morning. I better think of something good to get him, his wife and his young son as a thank you. I would be willing to take some to the airport early, but not everyone is and I wouldn't expect it. It saves me cab fare. I just hope my flight on Monday doesn't get cancelled.

It's a good thing that I'm working on thinking more positively.

No comments: