Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl food

As nearly everyone knows, yesterday was the Super Bowl. I was rootin' pretty hard for the Cardinals, but that crazy interception return at the end of the first half and some stupid personal fouls in the second half did them in. Props to the Steelers for staging an end of the game drive with a pretty cool catch. Dems da breaks, but I don't think Arizona will be back next year. They'll just be a year older. Larry Fitzgerald is the pimp daddy of receivers though.

Below is a picture of the corn bread I made. I used white whole wheat flour which is "better" than white flour, but not as tough as traditional whole wheat. Traditional whole wheat tends to make pretty chewy bread and this corn bread should be lighter. It was tasty for sure.


I got four bunches of red mustard greens at the farmer's market. These were stir-fried with a little olive oil and some fresh crushed garlic.


One of the main courses was grilled pork spareribs. I got them from Dittmer's so you know they were tasty. Unfortunately, I over-cooked them by about 10 minutes, but they were still good.

The second main course was chili made with ground chuck from Dittmer's. I didn't spice it up too much, but it was still good. It made a bunch so I know what I'll be eating for lunch this week.

I made a bbq sauce for the ribs. It smelled pretty acidic, but was more palatable after reduction. I snuck in some Dave's Insanity Sauce to give it more of a kick.


Here's everything on my plate. You can see chips and lime soda in the background. I was in crap heaven.


I "made" a marionberry pie for dessert. I just poured marionberry pie filling that my folks had got me in Hood River, OR into a pie crust. It was a little sour, but tasted great with homemade vanilla ice cream (not pictured).


I ate way too much yesterday, but it's all good.

No comments: