Friday, August 21, 2009

I'd kill myself, but I don't have the guts.

I was planning my escape from Albany this morning, but today at work wasn't too bad.  I've finally gotten enough projects to stay busy, but I'm not that happy with the management at work and the area.  People don't seem all that friendly around here in general.  I'm not sure if it's due to the crappy weather or the crappy economy, but most folk look pretty beaten down and take it out on others. 

I need to work at my current job for at least another 2.5 years or my CV will look goofy.  I'm not sure where I want to end up, but I think it's back on the West Coast or at least closer.  My friend works at Argonne near Chicago so maybe he can hook me up with a job.  I need to learn as much as I can from my current job so that I'm more marketable.  I will work on learning more programming because I think that's valuable and I definitely need to learn more transistor physics to at least help me in my current job.

Nothing is going to happen soon so I shouldn't worry about it too much, but I do want to make sure that I don't stagnate out here.  I need to be pro-active and build a lot of contacts in the industry.

1 comment:

the fried green tomato said...

my plan to escape from NY...is winning that 250M jackpot tonight.