Monday, October 19, 2009

Picture explosion from my trip to Minneapolis

I was in Minneapolis over the weekend to visit James and Carrie, two good friends from college. We hung out at their house shooting pool, playing games, playing Nintendo, watching football, visiting Carleton, going to see Minnehaha Falls, eating and going to the Vikings game. Super sweet. I can't remember a better weekend in recent memory.

Here are pictures in no particular order:

A shot from our seats at the Ravens vs Vikings football game at the Metrodome. Minnesota squeezed out a 33-31 victory.

On the way there, traffic was slowed to a crawl because this guy thought 30 minutes before a football game was a great time to block off two lanes to put up some unnecessary signs.

A view of the Mississippi from Minnehaha Falls Park.

Minnehaha Creek (?).

Minnehaha Creek (?).

Minnehaha Creek (?).

Minnehaha Falls.

Minnehaha Falls.

Minnehaha Falls.

New dorm at Carleton College.

Carleton College's Myers Hall where I lived my frosh year.

Carleton College.

My junior year dorm room in Nourse Hall. It was cramped with the two of us.

Carleton College.

Carleton College's Olin Hall where physics is housed.

Hill of Unknown Number of Oaks at Carleton. It was the hill of three oaks when I was there.

Carleton's "new" rec center. They built this palace the year after I graduated. Weak.

The rec center from the parking lot.

Carleton's Sayles Hill where I used to get my mail.

James and Carrie headed into Carleton's bookstore.

Favre dropping back to pass. He threw a touchdown on this play.

Peterson (not pictured) ran the ball.

The Vikings are ready to kick off.

Me and James at the game.

James and Carrie at the game.

Coin toss.

No comments: