Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Challenge update

Today I banged out one item on my 101 list by giving the roofer the last third I owed him.  The roof is officially done and I can cross it off my list.  I hired Tim Gross who owns Inside Out Construction based in Glenmont, NY.  He did a bang up job.  He's not the cheapest dude, but he was thorough and professional.  He corrected some design flaws in the old roof so I should have less problems.  Sweet.  It cost me a new car's worth of money, but it needed to be done.

Here's a picture of my house from the driveway:
He took the trailer today, but still needs to grab some stuff.  I know you can't see the roof well, but it has been replaced.

Tonight I tried a new recipe for ginger beef stir fry that I found online.  It turned out well even though it has an unusual taste.  It's good, but unlike anything I've cooked before.
It has a fair amount of vegetables in it so it's healthy as well.  I served it over brown rice.

I've now tried 33 new recipes.  You can see my updated challenge list here.  I've only completed three items, but replacing the roof was a big one.

I've also started on my pushups challenge.  I was able to do 8 for the initial test on Monday, but easily completed Day 1 after work today.  I don't know if I'll get to 100 within six weeks, but I'll give it a shot.  I'm feeling stronger which is never a bad thing.

No comments: