Sunday, May 23, 2010

Too much cooking

One of my challenge tasks is to cook every night for a week for 15 non-consecutive weeks.  Last night I finished the first week.  I went to the store every day and got stuff to make dinner.  It was a struggle towards the end, but led to more variety during the week.

Sunday dinner was grilled sausage and salad:
Monday dinner was grilled hoisin chicken on rice:
Tuesday dinner was taco salad with Spanish rice.  It was supposed to be tacos, but the shells are too small:
Wednesday dinner was glazed turkey tenderloins and salad:
Thursday dinner was beef salad:
Friday dinner was scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.  I forgot to take a picture.
Saturday dinner was baked salmon with marinated vegetables:
The dishes were at least acceptable though some were not terribly exciting.  I banged out three new recipes bringing my total to 36.  The beef salad turned out really well.

Progress on my challenges can be found here.

No comments: