Monday, May 17, 2010

Ultimate

I drove down to Ithaca to participate in a hat tournament for ultimate.  The weather was great and the field conditions were pretty good as well.  I played ok, but I know I could've played a lot better if I were in better shape.  I can feel the extra weight slowing me down and I know it's not good for my knees.

Our team lost our first two games, but played well enough to win the third.  I even skied one dude for our 12th point and threw the winning score for our 13th point.  Sweet.  I wasn't able to keep up with everybody since most people there are at least 10 years younger than me.

Ithaca has changed quite a bit since I was last there in '06.  It looks the same around campus, but downtown and the area around Wegmans looks built up now with upscale shops.  I guess the typical Cornell undergrad is recession proof.

I'll probably drive down again for another pickup tournament later this summer.


No comments: