Sunday, January 23, 2011

Meat samosas

This morning I made some meat samosas from Bittman's The Best Recipes in the World.  The recipe is too long to post and they turned out just ok.  I'd much rather get some pre-made ones in the frozen food section at the grocery store.

Here is the filling.  I made mine with ground buffalo.
I made my own dough, but I didn't let the butter warm up enough.  As one of my ex-girlfriends will tell you, I'm bad at judging how to divide food stuff evenly.  The first dozen samosas are a little small.
I had some filling leftover which I ate out of the skillet.
I think I might've cooked them a little too long since they were a little...chewy.
I don't think I would recommend this recipe because the ones you can buy at the store aren't that expensive nor are they all that bad for you.

This recipe is new to me so just 9 more to go towards my challenge.

No comments: