Saturday, May 21, 2011

Garden work

I had some energy this morning and it's not currently raining so I went out to finish laying down the landscaping fabric for my garden path.  I figured out a more efficient way to cut it so it was much less work this time, but I didn't have enough to complete the path.

I did get quite a bit of it laid out though:
If you look closely, you can see some apricots forming on my apricot tree in the left foreground.  If you can't, here's a close in shot:
You can see other ones forming so this tree should be pretty productive.  I'll have to be vigilant to harvest them before my yard jerks.

To finish off my garden path, I'll need one more roll of landscaping fabric and a whole assload of gravel.  My plan is to fill in the rest of the front yard with plants.  The ground is currently pretty soft so I'd like to some natural help to prevent erosion.

I also trimmed some of the trees and bushes in the front and noticed that a lot of the trees had choke vines around them.  The strange thing is the choke vines eventually kill the tree which kills the vines.  I don't understand the logic, but it reminds me of the frog and scorpion fable which is one of my favorites.

No comments: