Friday, May 27, 2011

Plyometric pushups are tough and other random thoughts

Strangely enough, I'm able to update my blog using FireFox, but not the version of Chrome I have on my work computer. The version of Chrome I have my home computer seems ok. Very curious...

This morning I did my stappers and one exercise is pushups.  I can't do regular pushups for 8 minutes so I vary it up with regular pushups to failure, then knuckle pushups to failure and then finger pushups to failure.  I end up working slightly different muscle groups and the last two involve more stabilization muscles which is good.  This morning I decided to replace the regular pushups with plyometric ones.  You get in position, drop yourself down and then push up hard enough that your hands leave the floor.  Some people can get up high enough to clap in front or in back, but I was only able to clear the ground by an inch or two.  Holy moly.  Those were much tougher than expected, but lead to a great burn so I'll do more in the future.

Last night I discovered a puddle of water in my basement. It seems something under my main bathroom's sink is leaking. I hope it's not the POU heater, but I can't tell because it takes up a lot of room under the sink. I contacted my plumber so I'll see what's up.

I also tried my Hudson Four Grain Whiskey last night. I didn't chase it with anything which was probably a mistake, but it's smooth and led to a nice flush. I only sipped about a shot's worth, but I was feeling it.

I also had a Woodchuck hard cider for the first time. Definitely tasty stuff. It has as much alcohol as beer, but goes down a bit more smoothly.

No comments: