Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dual flush toilet

Today I worked from home so the plumber could install my new Toto Aquia III dual flush (ADA-compliant).  One flush is 0.9gal while the other is 1.6gal.  The toilet is pretty cool looking and was a little more complicated to install than my Toto Drake since the plumber had to drill into the floor tiles.  He got it set up and I... uh... tested it out a few minutes ago.  I was able to flush down some dooker with the 0.9gal, but that flush setting is nominally for piss.

I highly recommend Toto toilets.  They are a Japanese company with the toilets made in China and Vietnam, but they outperform anything else on the market.  You can order them up from online places like FaucetDirect.com.

A picture of my new toilet post-install and pre-dooker:
You can see the two flush buttons on top.  You can also see my rockin' woodsy wallpaper which transports you from inside to crappin' outside in the woods.

I'll hold off on home improvement projects until I posse up some money to get LED tube bulbs for the basement to replace the flickering and noisy fluorescent bulbs.  The bulbs are $75 each and I also need to remove the ballast.  I expect to save a few bucks a year in electricity and they won't flicker or hum.


No comments: