Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kenpo X

This morning was Kenpo X and let's just say that it's good that I don't get into physical fights because I don't really know how to punch or kick.  At least I don't know how to do it Tony Horton's way.  I was kind of surprised that he just jumped right into stretching in the beginning without warming up.  I've always been told that it's a bad idea to stretch cold muscles so I'll do my own warm up before I do this routine again.

It was a lot of punching and kicking as you might expect.  Will I be a pugilist after 90 days?  Heck no, but I plan on taking some boxing classes as soon as I get my finger looked at.  I also want to take some martial arts classes, but I need to find the right one.  I'm not sure what that is, but I'll know it when I see it.

I did get a good workout this morning and worked up a decent sweat.  I tried out my Lightload Towel for the first time.  It's pretty absorbent, but the ones I got are too small so I ordered up some of the larger sized ones.  They're pretty cool so you should check them out.  I was looking at another microfiber towel when Amazon recommended these instead.  They're pretty cheap and definitely effective.  Why do I need more than one absorbent towel?  Well, I sweat a lot and I work out every day so one towel would probably not fully dry out in time for the next workout despite my dry basement.  Yeah, I sweat buckets.

No comments: