Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Physical

I had my annual physical this afternoon and it went pretty well.  I clocked in about ten pounds heavier than at my last one, but I launched a preemptive strike by telling my doctor that I know I need to lose some and that I started P90X last week.

He's having me get blood drawn tomorrow, but they don't test for vitamin D because the insurance companies won't pay for it.  I guess I'll get tested through the mail when I next visit Portland since New York is one of the few states to not allow blood work via the mail.  Weak sauce.  I'd like to baseline my vitamin D before it gets gloomy and then I can check again later.

My finger checked out ok.  He said I jammed it pretty good and may have even fractured it since he found a bone callous, but the recommended treatment is the same in either case - ice, anti-inflammatories and rest.  I asked if it would be ok to box and he wasn't sure.  I need to find out if my finger will be under any stress.

He also recommended I visit a dermatologist to get a skin cancer screening.

I like my doctor since he's not fat and he's a cool dude.

No comments: