Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson

Well, the Wheel of Time series has finally ended for me as I finished the fourteenth and final volume this afternoon.  I only had two weeks to read it because it's a new library book, but I was able to polish it off in one with most of the damage done last weekend.  I probably read it too quickly since it's all mashed together in my head, but I can always reread the series later.

I found the ending satisfactory if a bit inconsistent with what Jordan had set up with the earlier books.  This book really felt more like Sanderson's interpretation of how Jordan wanted it to end than Sanderson completing a few chapters here and there.  The battles were better described, but some of the characters didn't feel right.

I recommend this book to anyone who has started the series.

No comments: