Saturday, February 27, 2010

50 questions that will free your mind #2

Grindin' down on 50 questions that will free your mind.

Question 2: Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Hmmm...this question is actually appropriate to me because I can be a bit of a coward. Growing up, I was under a lot of pressure to succeed so there are some activities I didn't try because I was scared of failing. Sometimes I would just play it safe since I couldn't handle the disappointment.

I would say things are different now and I'm a bit more adventurous. I still have trouble dealing with failure, but I'm learning to accept I can't be good at everything and, no matter how hard I try, there will always be someone better than me out there. However, it doesn't mean I shouldn't try my best because I owe it to myself and my ancestors to maximize my potential.

To answer the question, I'd say it's worse to never try because we can learn as much, if not more, from our failures as from our successes.

No comments: