Thursday, August 12, 2010

Golf is frustrating

I hit up the driving range after work today and hit two buckets' worth of balls.  I hit some decent shots, but I'm still spraying up the scene.  I've had three lessons so far, but I feel like I hit my peak during the second lesson.  It's ok though.  I'm working on being more patient so I shouldn't expect to be an expert after three lessons and seven or eight visits to the driving range.

One dude violated the dude code though.  There are plenty of empty spots at the driving range, but something compelled him to set up shop between the only two of us there.  I think he was looking to hork some tees on the sly because he kept creeping out into the grass looking for some.  Dude, they're less than 5 cents each.

I think I'm also having trouble because I'm left-handed, but I'm a big muscle righty.  My golf swing is a little goofy and I have a hard time not gripping the club too tightly.  I think I'm slowly getting more consistent, but all this practice is slowly, but surely draining my bank account.  Crikey.

At least it gets me out and about and I think the practice is good for my spine.

No comments: