Thursday, August 5, 2010

A trip to the chiropractor's office

I spend most of my day in front of the computer and my work station is not ergonomic by any means.  At Spansion, they contracted an ergonomic expert to come in and fit chairs for us and to set desk and keyboard heights.  At IBM, we get... whatever chair is available with a fixed desk height.  Everyone's different so this policy sucks, but there isn't anything I can do about it.

I searched through my health insurance's page since I think they actually cover chiropractor visits and found an office in Delmar.  I scheduled an appointment and they were able to fit me in yesterday afternoon.  I poked around on their site before my visit and I like their philosophy though they spend a lot of time defending their profession.

The doctor was nice, adjusted my neck and upper back slightly and gave me some exercises to do at work to help with my posture.  He tried to get me to buy a lumbar support, but I said I'd think on it.  I think they're good to have, but I want to do my own research before getting on.  They also have a lot of supplements for sale, but he didn't try to push any of them on me.  Maybe he's saving that for visit number 2.

Even though I was adjusted just the one time, I already feel less crooked.  I think getting straightened out should help my sports since I usually feel really tight.

No comments: