Saturday, March 12, 2011

Curried beef with fruit

Tonight's dinner was courtesy of a recipe from my white trash cookbook since I was looking for something quick and easy.  Well, it was certainly both, but just ok tasting and I probably wouldn't make it again.

Here's the recipe:
I used prunes, dried mangoes and dried apricots for the dried fruit so I'll probably be in the bathroom a lot tomorrow dropping kids off at the pool.

I'm not sure what it is with me and curry powder, but my dishes always smell much better than they taste.  I asked my Indian colleagues and they thought maybe my spices are old and inactive, but I've used fresh ones and still had trouble.
This recipe is new to me and I have just three left in my 100 recipe challenge.  Sweet.  I haven't made as much progress towards my list as I would've liked or thought.

No comments: