Saturday, March 26, 2011

There goes my perfect driving record

I got pulled over today for the first time ever because I went out a parking lot the wrong way. There was a big tractor trailer moving truck blocking the regular exit and, instead of going all the way around the building, I took a shortcut. I saw a police officer nearby, but I didn't think he would mind since I thought he saw the big truck. Heh. I was wrong.

I can plead guilty or go to court on the twelfth to fight it. I'm a big believer in law and order so I'm not going to try to fight it. I think there were mitigating circumstances, but what I did is illegal. I'm upset with myself for taking the shortcut rather than doing what's right. What's funny is that I'm probably the only on the road around here actually obeying traffic laws. While he had me stopped, I counted about ten more serious traffic violations.

I think once he saw my squeaky clean driving record, he felt sorry for me, but what's done is done so I'll pay the consequences. I tried to look online to see how much this violation will cost me, but the fines aren't listed. Hopefully it won't ding my insurance either.

Ugh.

Edit: Ah. It seems like this 1110A is going to run me around $150. Fantastic.

No comments: