Sunday, March 13, 2011

German sausages with sauerkraut and beer

Sunday means slow cooking so I used a recipe my brother recommended for German sausages with sauerkraut and beer.  I also cooked up some spaetzle since I was surprisingly able to find it at the grocery store.

I thought it turned out alright, but I thought it would have more oomph.  I'm not sure if I would make it again.

Here's the recipe:
The spaetzle I used:
The finished dish in the slow cooker:
Another new recipe means just two more to go towards my challenge.  Sweet.

2 comments:

ql said...

Hey there, came here by chance and read your recipe... If you want it to have more "oomph", you should go for more caraway seeds and definitely delete the "optional" in front of mustard... good luck!

p.s. if you're able to find "allgaeuer emmentaler" you should add that to the spaetzle!

Jeremy said...

I left out the caraway seeds because I can't stand the black licorice/anise/fennel flavor. I also used plenty of homemade mustard, but then the dish just tasted like mustard.

Ah. Some cheese would've probably done the trick. Thanks.