Friday, March 2, 2012

Another revolution around the sun

Yep, today is my 36th birthday and I certainly spent it in style.  I woke up still feeling like crap, I slogged through work, but came home early and took a nap.  I then ate dinner and watched four episodes of Justified on Bluray.  I also talked to my brother and my sister-in-law over the phone and I'll give my parents a call in a minute here.  It's not really how I anticipated spending the evening, but my body and, specifically, my sinuses are not cooperating.  It's ok because it's just another day as far as I'm concerned.

A friend of mine is coming over tomorrow and we'll go see an Albany Devils hockey game.  I'm hoping to lose the sinus and headache and cough by then, but we'll see.  It's possible I have a sinus infection, but I don't see any reason to see a doctor because antibiotics may not reduce the duration.  I'll just tough it out and see how it goes.

I suppose I should reflect on the past year or something, but I don't really see the point.  I don't feel my chronological age and I think most people would peg me for early 30's.  I haven't accomplished hardly any of my goals, but there is still time.

I do feel good about sharing a birthday with Dr. Seuss so maybe that's why I'm a weird dude.  Heh.

I guess I'll have a piece of chocolate to celebrate.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday! hope you had a good time.