Saturday, March 31, 2012

Backlash by Aaron Allston

As a science fiction and fantasy fan, I would be remiss if I didn't dive into the expanded Star Wars universe now and then.  My local library has a pretty decent selection of SF/F books and access to the collection of every public library in the Capital District.  I started reading this series, Fate of the Jedi, from book 2, but got quickly caught up.

Backlash is the fourth book in the series and is well-written and well-paced.  The story revolves mostly around Luke Skywalker and his son, Ben, as they track down a Sith girl on the run.  I feel the author has a good understanding of the Expanded Universe and doesn't write a lot of unnecessary description intended for the initiate.

There is plenty of plotting, intrigue, rancors and light saber battles along with Force techniques.  The Sith girl isn't entirely evil which is nice because morality is a spectrum.  Sith mostly means self-interest rather than true evilness.

I recommend this book to those interested in Star Wars.

No comments: