Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Knee update

Yesterday, I went over to the orthopaedics to get the result of my MRI.  I didn't get to see the images, but I got a summary of the report.  The good news is there is nothing that requires surgery.  The meniscus is more or less healthy.  The bad news is my MCL is slightly swollen and there are signs of early arthritis (grade II).  He said the arthritis is mild, but I should not do squats or leg extensions to avoid aggravating anything.

He cleared me for all physical activity so I can get my fat ass moving again.  I jumped rope and bounced on the trampoline this morning and my knees don't feel any different than they did over the weekend.  They're still sore when I flex them, but I guess I need to give them time.  At the same time, I need to work them to keep them loose and limber.

I'd say the good news outweighs the bad news, but I don't like to hear the word arthritis.

No comments: