Saturday, September 11, 2010

West African chicken

I hadn't made a new recipe in a while so I poked around online to find some South Beach Phase I-compatible recipes.  I found an interesting one for West African chicken.  I gave it a shot and it turned out well though I forgot to put the green onion on top.  It has a fairly strong peanut butter taste and with the peanut butter and chile powder, tastes a lot like this other peanut butter chicken recipe I have.

It would've tasted great with some wild rice or quinoa, but Phase I doesn't allow those so I used a whole mess of peas.

The recipe says it'll make 4-6 servings, but shown above is half of what the recipe made.  I guess I'm a fat ass for eating a double serving, but I've been hungry lately partly due to the new diet and partly because it's starting to get cold.

This recipe is the 56th towards my challenge.

No comments: