Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Remodeling my hot tub room

I think I need to do something about my hot tub room because I'm slowly losing the battle with the elements and the critters.  I haven't used the hot tub in months and don't really feel the need to get in.  I also read hot tubs aren't as popular with people these days.

A friend had suggested taking the hot tub out and putting in a pool table, but the room isn't quite big enough and I can't widen it because part of one wall is adjacent to the master bathroom.  The room isn't big enough for a ping pong table either so I'm down to either remodeling it with the hot tub in place or taking the hot tub out and creating another family room.  I could put in a foosball and air hockey table.

Holy shit.  I just got an idea.  Maybe I should put in an endless pool.  Crikey.  I just looked them up and they run about $21k.  Uh...yeah...that's not going to happen because I need to spend money to take out the hot tub and to fix up the room.  Oh well.

Any suggestions from the peanut gallery?  As a dude, I'm at a loss for how to fill such a space since I've already ruled out pool and ping pong.  I mean, I could cram in a pool table and get a shorty stick, but the idea of not having enough room for every shot doesn't sit well.  What's the point of dropping fat stacks on a table if you can't use it without complications?

No comments: