Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fitness update

 My body measurement tape showed up in the mail yesterday so I can add back a measurement of my "waist."  I'm actually measuring my love handles right at my navel.  The measurement is fairly imprecise because the love handles have quite a bit of give to them.  I adjust the tape until it's tight, but not squeezing.

I was using my ex's tape in CA, but didn't get my own after she moved out.  P90X has you measure your waist, biceps, thighs, etc. so I figured it was time for me to get my own.

I can fit into 32" waist pants because they sit below the flub.  Heh.  I guess guys can have muffin tops as well though, for me, it's just the chunk on the sides that flabs over.  I've done a pretty good job on the gut.

The scale tells me I've lost nearly two pounds of fat over the past week, but there is probably considerable error in the measurement.  I still haven't reversed the upward trend, but my knees are feeling better daily so I hope to be back to "baseline" by the end of the year.  We'll see.  I'm going to play some tennis this weekend and will gauge how much stress my knees can take.  Hopefully they're strong and stable so I can start hiking again.  The weather is turning, but I don't think there is snow in the mountains yet.  Once it snows, I'll try out snowshoeing because I haven't done that before.  A friend has a pair I can borrow and I'll practice by tromping around in a field or something just to get used to them.

I probably would've lost even more fat this week if I had eaten better.  It's tough when you live by yourself because you have to do all the cooking and I don't have the time and energy to be chefin' up something every night.

No comments: