Saturday, October 9, 2010

Grilled scallops

I felt like having some seafood for dinner tonight so I followed the recipe for grilled scallops posted by a former coworker of mine who likes to cook.  I used lemon juice instead of grated lemon peel, but it ain't no thang.

I think the scallops turned out well and were flaky without being chewy which means I didn't overcook them on my Foreman Grill.  The rice took longer to cook than expected and the kale was a little chewy.  I read in the NY Times that kale is one of the healthiest vegetables out there so I got some from the grocery store this afternoon and boiled it up.

I probably ate too much and the pineapple is not allowed during Phase II of the South Beach Diet, but I'm not too chuffed.  I've been doing well with my exercises so I'll work off any excess from the small amount of pineapple I ate.  It provides a nice contrast with the peppers and scallops.

I would definitely make this recipe again.  It's also the 70th towards my challenge so just 30 more to go.

No comments: