Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fitness update

I've been doing my strength training three times a week and I'm definitely getting stronger. I thought I was getting leaner as well, but my scale tells me my body fat percentage went up this week. That's pretty weak. I know that I need to add in some more aerobic activity. It's possible that I'm just building muscle under my fat. Hmmm...

I ordered a pedometer and it showed up yesterday. I'll wear that as much as I can to try to encourage me to be more active. I'll set a goal for 10,000 steps and see how easy that is. I've started parking in the far lot at work so that I have to walk more. I'm a bit worried that my car may be more vulnerable to break-in, but Albany is fairly safe and it isn't that remote. I'll probably end up walking an extra mile which is good.

No comments: