Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gettin' in shape

Most of you know that I'm always sayin' that I'm going to get my fat ass in shape.  Well, this time I really mean it.  I found a pretty cool site at military.com.  I don't know if I'll ever get a six pack, but I'm determined to lose the gut.  I'm going to follow their advice by eating better.  They recommend drinking a lot of water in the morning to jump start the metabolism.  Even if that doesn't help, I don't see how it'll hurt.  I already eat breakfast every morning, but perhaps I should start mixin' up some protein shakes for my afternoon snack instead of cheese.  I definitely need to eat more fruits and vegetables.

I am thinking about becoming a reserve police officer or possibly joining the FBI since I can do that in any town (job portability can never be overrated).  I don't worry about the brains part, but I would need to pass a fitness test.  You need to do a certain amount of pushups, a certain number of situps in a minute, run 300 m in a certain time and run 1.5 miles in a certain time.  I'm not sure what those numbers are, but I couldn't do more than 20 situps after work nor could I do more than about 10 pushups.  Pretty sad, but at least now I've got a goal.

If I want to be a special agent for the FBI, then I need to join before I turn 37.  That's 3.5 years away.  Weak.

The site gets major props for specifically stating there is no such thing as spot reduction in their six pack article.

No comments: