Friday, September 4, 2009

Unbalanced digestive system

  • I woke up in the middle of the night and was a turtle's head away from crappin' my pants.  I also felt like puking too, but fortunately held it off.  I went back to sleep and woke up with my alarm.  I still felt sick so I e-mailed my boss to tell him I likely won't be in at all today.  I slept another three hours and I still feel sick.  I think it's due to the side effects of the antibiotics I'm taking.  One big one is nausea and the other is diarrhea mainly because the antibiotics kill off all bacteria, good and bad.  Fun fun fun.  I still have another thirteen days to go.  I'm supposed to go to the US Open next weekend to watch men's semifinal matches.  I'll knock on a lot of wood to be healthy for that.  Super weak.  I've been eating yogurt with granola every day to build up the probiotics.
  • I'm not sure what I'm going to do today.  I'm definitely sick, but not so sick that I can sleep for 48 hours.  I've got some books I can read, a Blu-ray movie and there is always the internet.  I can price out components for a gaming/multimedia computer.
  • I'm thinking of getting a natural latex mattress.  They're a bit more expensive than regular mattresses, but I really like my latex pillow.  Does anyone out there have experience with these kinds of mattresses?  I'll try to find a store around here that carries them so that I can try them out.
  • I think some weekend I should paint my spare room so that'll be ready when I upgrade my bed.  It's currently yellow which is a pretty nasty color, but I'm not sure what to paint it.  I guess I'll have to ask some women because guys don't know anything about that.  Maybe a light color would work.  If I feel a little better today, I can steam off the small amount of wallpaper that is around the window.
  • Less than a week til the first football game.  Sweet.
  • Crud.  It looks like a great day out and I think the weather will be good for the long weekend as well.  Damn these antibiotics.  I had two hiking options for tomorrow and a day trip to Rhode Island, but I had to turn them all down because I wasn't sure how I'd feel.  You definitely don't want to be out hiking if you've got the dookers.

No comments: