Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday bike ride

Since I put my bike back together, the weather is nice and I need the exercise, I went for a 5.5 mile bike ride around my neighborhood. I tooled around the townhouse subdivision to get everything straightened out and then hit the road. My knees are a little sore, but I did alright. I need to get some real bike shoes and bike pedals since it's hard to get my feet on and off my pedals when I have to stop.

People around here aren't really used to bike riders because they either honked at me or passed by me within just inches of space. Not cool.

I did find an awesome park about two miles away. It has eight tennis courts with lights, non-regulation basketball courts with lights, a pool, a bunch of baseball fields, a bunch of non-regulation soccer fields, volleyball courts and pavilions. Sweet. I wish I had found it sooner. It would be a great place to have a big ol' barbecue since they have grills next to the pavilions. Maybe I should see if my group wants to meet there before it gets too cold.

No comments: