Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day food

Since I had the day off today, I thought I'd make something more complicated than usual. Breakfast was freshly squeezed orange juice, organic bacon and french toast with strawberries and syrup.

I got the bacon from the meat sellers at the Delmar farmer's market. I got one pound which ended up being just six slices. They were cut almost as thick as a ham steak, but tasted great. Not cheap, but I don't eat bacon that often so it's not a big deal.

I used whole wheat bread for the french toast and I think that might've been a mistake as it doesn't absorb the egg mixture as easily.

I have no idea why the picture shows some white stuff.

Lunch was some leftover alfredo stuff, but dinner was barbecued organic hot dogs, curly fries, fruit salad and baked beans. I got the hot dogs from the same seller at the farmer's market. They're beef in sheep's casing and look kind of strange because they aren't hot dog-colored. They tasted good though so I'm not complaining. Actually, I put on enough Coleman's mustard, the kind where you mix the mustard powder with water, that I didn't taste much else.

I had some raspberry-chocolate fudge from the farmer's market for dessert.

It wasn't quite a real barbecue, but it was close enough for me.

No comments: