Saturday, September 19, 2009

Pictures from the US Open

I only took four pictures at last week's US Open men's semifinals, but that's more because the matches were interesting than I was lazy.

I saw the Federer-Djokavic match, but didn't take any pictures.

Here is a view from my seat. I'm in the second row from the top, but I still have a pretty good view of the court. This picture was taken before Nadal's match with del Potro which explains the yellow shirts.

Nadal's match with del Potro is about ready to get started. Nadal seemed to have a lot of energy in the beginning, but didn't put up much of fight, losing 6-2, 6-2, 6-2.

Jack Nicholson is getting help lighting his cigarette from security and some lady.

I was killing time between matches on this patio out of the sun which happens to be on the suite level. Jack came out for a smoke and the twenty of us chilling there got a brush with celebrity.

His cigarette is lit and he's puffin' away.

The security dude kept the onlookers away. I can respect that attitude because Jack is there to enjoy some high quality tennis, not to talk to knuckleheads.

No comments: