Monday, January 3, 2011

On my way to good fitness

This morning I started the first day of a new exercise regime. I'm using the program in Lauren's fitness book. Before I was just doing exercises out of the book willy-nilly. I would do seven or eight different exercises to failure, but I wasn't seeing much benefit. His program has you focus on doing four exercises for 7.5min each. I didn't quite make it past 5min for the "let me ups" because I'm still recovering from my tendon problem from break, but I was able to do a fair amount of pushups, "let me ins" and seated dips.

My ego did get bruised a bit when I realized I would have to start with the basic program, but no worries. It's not a competition. The program is 10 weeks long and I'm confident I'll be able to move on to the next class. It should get easier as I cut sugar back out of my diet. The holidays are always rough on those of us who like the sweet stuff.

No comments: