Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow

It started snowing Friday night and I ended up getting about six inches of powder at my place.

Here's the view from my office window:
It looked pretty cool with the trees covered.  However, it meant an equal amount of snow was in my driveway:
After about 1.5 hours of shoveling, I was able to clear most of the upper driveway and enough of the lower driveway to get my car out.  With each snowstorm, I keep thinking I should get a snowblower, but a decent one is $500 and I don't know if I'll be here long enough to justify one.  I definitely need the exercise and, if it gets really bad, I can pay someone to plow it.

The after shot:
It hasn't snowed since and the sun was out a bit yesterday so I'm sure it looks much clearer this morning.  There is definitely much less snow on the trees since the wind is blowing.  I see some new deadfall out there which makes me nervous because there are a lot of trees which overhang my house.

No comments: