Sunday, May 13, 2012

Track work

Today is Sunday which means it was my time to hit the track for some interval training.  I've been feeling sluggish all week and this morning was no exception.  It's not that I'm unmotivated, but that I just feel... slow.  I'm not sure how else to describe it.  Maybe I'm fighting something or maybe it's because of the crap I've been eating this week.

Regardless, I was able to bang out ten laps this morning with eight interval laps.  My GPS watch tells me I ran 2.64 miles in 25:48 for a pace of 9:46/mile which is well off my goal of 9:00/mile.  I wasn't able to jog the curves and my sprinting felt slow as well.  I averaged 6.1mph with a top speed of 14.4mph which is really slow for me.  My heart heart averaged 154 bpm with a maximum of 174 bpm.

I've got a 3.5 mile race this Thursday so hopefully I can shake myself out of this funk before then.

The next time I do interval training, I'll add another warm up and cool down lap to get around 3.1 miles.

No comments: