Tuesday, May 27, 2008

2008 Presidential Election

I have no idea for whom I will vote this fall. I am a registered independent because I do not feel that any major party represents my views. I'm pretty cynical and do not like politicians in general. As soon as they are elected, they start working on their next campaign. Did you know that Clinton, McCain and Obama are still getting paid as senators? How much legislating do you think they've done in the past year? If I lived in NY, AZ or IL, I'd be pretty pissed. How can you do your job properly when you're out campaigning for a new one?

I think that I would vote for any politician that actually voices an honest opinion even if I don't agree with it. I don't want our president to be someone who lacks firm convictions. Today's politicians are so worried about steering a middle course, that they say nothing. I would probably also vote for any politician that advocates a national health care plan and any plan to upgrade our decrepit infrastructure. Why is 1 Mbps considered broadband? Why do telecoms describe speeds in comparison to dial-up? Why does anyone still have dial-up? Why have cable costs gone up 70% in the last decade?

Once the nominees are announced, I'll do some serious studying to try to figure out each candidate's views on issues I care about. I'd like the US to get the heck out of Iraq as well. If our mission was to ruin the country, I'd say we're just about done. Thank god we liberated the poor Iraqis, but I'm not sure why they don't thank us more. Heh.

No comments: