Sunday, May 18, 2008

Beefcake Challenge: End of Week 20


Day 138:
Weight = 201.0 lbs, 6.0 lbs too heavy
Body fat = 30.9%, 5.9 percentage points too fatty
Visceral fat = 11, 3 points too fatty

Well, well, well. It seems that I actually made progress this week. I didn't make it to frisbee because of a long meeting on Tuesday and I didn't make it to basketball because it was too effin' hot. However, I did walk to work twice last week and that's an extra nine miles. Ok, 8.8 miles, but close enough.

It could be that most of the progress is just water loss from the heat since the visceral fat reading did not change, but I'd like to think that all that walking did something. I'm going to keep up the walking because it feels good and it saves gas.

As you can see from the profile picture my web cam sucks. Wait, I mean, most of my chunkiness is in the love handles as my belly is reasonably flat. It sticks out a little, but not too much. The resistance bands are giving quite a bit of definition to my arms and shoulders, but it sort of stops before it gets to my belly. I've also noticed that I have a heckuva lot more chest/body hair than a couple of years ago. I guess in two or three more years, I'll look just like a bear. Perhaps a scary bear.

I also notice from the sideview picture that my posture isn't fantastic. I need to make sure to work opposite muscle groups to prevent my chest from caving in on itself. Swimming is good for posture, but I don't really like to swim for fitness. I could probably take a yoga class, but I would need to find one.

No comments: