Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nothing of importance

I didn't play basketball tonight because no one responded when I asked who would show up. I could go over to the park and play against whomever is there, but I don't like hoopin' it up with the bangers.

I was pretty stupid for not filling up my tank early last week because gas has gone up about 20 cents per gallon since then. Fortunately my commute is short, but the next fillup will be pretty brutal. Yet another good reason for walking to work as much as possible.

Now that I've got financing secured for the 3% down necessary to score a loan, I'm wondering what sort of property I should get. I made another poll so my loyal readers can provide feedback. I can afford a house in a just-ok neighborhood or I can shoot for a townhouse in a better neighborhood. Houses appreciate faster than townhouses, but better neighborhoods appreciate faster than just ok ones. I'm not going to live in the ghetto, but I can't afford the really nice parts of any town around here. I could probably get a pretty decent place in south San Jose, but then my commute would be really brutal. A townhouse might make a little more sense financially, but it would be cool to have my own place with no immediate neighbors and it would be even better to have a yard. Houses are a lot of work though, but it's work I don't mind doing. I know that whatever I do, I won't be living here past the end of my lease. It's too expensive and the quality of tenants has gone down quite a bit in the past few months.

No comments: