Sunday, May 18, 2008

Reducing junk mail and widgets

I saw a post on Digg describing how to reduce the amount of junk mail you get so I signed up through the Direct Marketing Association to say that I'd rather not get any direct mailings. We'll see how much it helps. I also opted out of credit card offers. I'm sure that I would've gotten a lot more once I sign a mortgage, but they're pretty annoying and contain a lot of personal information. Some people advocate responding with a brick since the credit card companies have to pay postage by the ounce, but that's not cool. I prefer a "non-violent" response in this case since there is no reason to piss off the post office.

I added a couple of widgets to this blog to see where my visitors - yeah, all three of them - are located. I like the map one and hopefully I can get some international visitors. I had a similar tracking program on my web page from when I was in grad school and I got a lot of German visitors because my last name is a German word. This blog finally shows up in a Google search, which doesn't surprise me because Google owns Blogger.

No comments: